Events - Event View
This is the "Event Detail" view, showing all available information for this event.
If registration is required or recommended, click the 'Register Now' button to start the process.
If the event has passed, click the "Event Report" button to read a report and view photos that were uploaded.
Flatter than Flat Dike Road Ramble / RLs Devin Bowen & Jan Verrinder / 3PM / WOODLAND
15 or 20 Miles
Armageddon / Great Flood / Wind > 75 Mph
Flatter Than Flat Dike Road Ramble - we'll choose 15 or 20 miles at ride time (we'll go 15 unless all want 20)
Nothing but flats. Rain and wind DO NOT cancel the ride. In fact, they only encourage us more! Somewhat Social Pace (15 MPH) but Extremely Social Ride Leader. Want to go slower or faster - reach out to me and we'll figure something out! Don't just show up expecting FLAT and FAST or you'll get a INDIVIDUAL TIME TRIAL :).
Hate hills? Excellent - there are no hills. Hate cars? Hmmm - very few cars out there. No whining about wind - there is wind out there. Ride the FLATTEST and most CAR-FREE ride on the calendar! We're not FAST (yet), but we are FLAT (always).
We won't look anything like that photo above. Hardly anyone is going to show up and spray like that requires speed!
Just the 15 mph pace group at the moment - reach out to me if you'd like to see others!
https://ridewithgps.com/routes/37873045 (See links above in LENGTH section)
- Please park in the Portco Packaging (211 Fifth Street, Woodland, WA 98674) parking lot (far NORTH END ONLY PLEASE!).
- Please arrive 10 minutes early to be ready to ride at 3 pm SHARP (we won't wait).
- Riders are expected to have read the Safe Riding Policy be familiar with the Ride Style Definitions and be willing to ride Only Flats for a day.
- Helmets are helpful (required). Lights are bright (usually). RoadIDs are cool (get one). Mobile phones are unnecessary to mention because even your grandma has one of those (bring it).
- Make sure your bike has both wheels (it's a long walk back). Riders must be unable to maintain 22 mph on hills. Please TALK to the ride leader. He (like the ride pace) is SOCIAL.
- Remember - we want to be awesome representatives for cycling and spread a love for our great sport locally by obeying all traffic laws and riding in a safe and courteous manner. Ride safely and have fun!
Ride FLAT and pet the CAT!
Why is he saying that?
What does that even mean?!?
Tuesday, January 25, 2022, 3:00 PM until 4:30 PM
211 Fifth Street
Woodland, WA 98674
Registration is required
Online registration is required.
Registration cancellations will be accepted